AVDA Employment Opportunities
JOB TITLE: Violence Prevention Educator
DEPARTMENT: Program Services – Outreach
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, nonexempt, hourly, “at-will”
REPORTS TO: Outreach Services Manager
The Violence Prevention Educator educates youth, staff, professionals and members of the community on issues relating to domestic violence and healthy relationship building; assists in curriculum and program development.
Work schedule: 40 hours per week as assigned by your supervisor. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the requests for presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and abide by the rules, policies and standards set forth in the Employee Personnel Policy Manual.
- Perform duties in accordance with program guidelines and agency policies.
- Implement primary and secondary prevention programming including curricula facilitation with youth, community organizing, and social marketing to prevent domestic/dating violence.
- Facilitate violence prevention curricula with school age youth.
- Assist with curriculum and program development.
- Provide professional/community training; participate in community events and meetings.
- Coordinate staff in-service trainings.
- Able to work in different environments and utilize effective time management skills.
- Maintain accurate program records, grant required statistics and implement program evaluation tools.
- Promote an organizational culture that embraces workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility; and work with staff to create and maintain a workplace environment reflective of those values.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, sociology, education or related field or a minimum of three years relevant experience in education or professional training.
- Experience working with youth and public speaking.
- Fluent in social media platforms.
- FCADV Core Competency Training and privilege status obtained within first 90 days.
- Meet required training hours annually to maintain privilege status.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional customer service skills.
- Reliable transportation, and if that is a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record for insurability.
- Intermediate use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and client database software.
- Fluent in reading, writing, speaking English. Secondary language is a plus.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to exert physical effort which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds), bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, sitting, including movement up and down stairs.
- Regular to frequent travel required in the Palm Beach County area.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate the position days/hrs you are applying for in your cover letter. Please advise Human Resources at this email address in advance if you require accommodations to participate in the employment process. EOE/DFWP/E-VERIFY