AVDA Employment Opportunities
Saturday/Sunday 3pm - 11pm
Saturday/Sunday 3:30pm - 11:30pm
AVDA - Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse, Inc. is a state-certified domestic violence center that offers a comprehensive array of services for all victims of domestic violence including; a 24 hour crisis hotline, emergency and transitional housing, advocacy, counseling and support to help them live violence-free and self-sufficient lives.
AVDA is seeking skilled professionals to provide direct services to victims of domestic violence in residential program and provide crisis intervention to callers on AVDA’s 24- hour hotline. Several shifts are available.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology or related field and/or a minimum of two years relevant experience in victim advocacy.
- Cooperative, respectful of others, good team player.
- Valid Florida Driver's License and reliable transportation and clean driving record for insurability.
- Fluent in reading, writing, speaking English. Secondary language is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional customer service skills.
- Basic use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and client database software.
- FCADV Core Competency training a plus.
- Provide direct services to victims of domestic violence in accordance with program guidelines and agency policies.
- Provide crisis intervention, safety planning, supportive counseling, advocacy, and referrals.
- Maintain health and safety of residential campus; support participants in creating a positive, respectful communal living environment.
- Assist with VOCA compensation and relocation applications.
- Distribute welcome kits, emergency supplies, and participant assistance as needed.
- Able to work in different environments and utilize effective time management skills.
- Maintain accurate program records, inventory control and grant required statistics.
- Promote an organizational culture that embraces workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility; and work with staff to create and maintain a workplace environment reflective of those values.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter as well as the language(s) you are fluent in. Please advise Human Resources at this email address in advance if you require accommodations to participate in the employment process.
AVDA is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. We provide a dynamic and rewarding work environment with excellent benefits. Join a team that saves lives every day.
Job Type: Part-time